Don't put off living to next week, next month, next year or next decade. The only time you’re ever living is in this moment.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Severe Weather Warning

I can't believe that two weeks ago I was in sunny California with clear skies and warm weather.  Now I am in Copenhagen and for the past 24 hours there has been a Severe Weather Warning issued for the city.  Above is the picture of a drying rack that I am thankful came with my room because, as you can see, I have already put it to good use!  Wind speed throughout Europe has reached 106mph, causing the death of at least one man in Scotland last night.  News reports are warning everyone to watch out for falling trees!  The current forecast for Copenhagen shows 48mph winds which are causing power outages throughout the town.  It is absolutely crazy outside!  As I walked home last night, you could see people swaying and stumbling on the sidewalk when the wind blew as they tried to walk.  My "kid" Angie has proudly told me many times that she has survived two Danish winters.  I never truly understood what she meant until I arrived here in Denmark on Monday.  It's only been a few days but I am already getting a sense of what a "Danish winter" means.

No comments:

Post a Comment