Don't put off living to next week, next month, next year or next decade. The only time you’re ever living is in this moment.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Adopted.


Bodil and Hans have been welcoming study abroad students into their home for longer than they can remember but are unable to continue hosting now that they have downsized into a smaller home.  My sorority “kid” Angie was the last student they took care of before the big move.  I got the chance to meet Bodil last weekend and she was so excited that one of Angie’s friends is spending some time in Copenhagen!  Although Bodil and Hans do not host students anymore, they still enjoy showing international visitors around the city.  I feel as though I have been officially adopted by an incredible Danish family!  Bodil picked me up from school this afternoon, bought me lunch, gave me a tour of Dragør- a quaint town by the sea, just outside of Copenhagen, bought me a cup of hot chocolate and then helped me with some much needed shopping.  Oh, and I will head up to her house next weekend for a home cooked meal!  
Bodil (I'll get a better picture soon!)
Dragør, Denmark 
Dragør, Denmark 

No comments:

Post a Comment