Don't put off living to next week, next month, next year or next decade. The only time you’re ever living is in this moment.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Day Two


After arriving in Rome yesterday, I was able to check a few things off my list. 
  •         Coliseum
  •        Roman Forum
  •       Spanish Steps
  •       Fontana di Trevi
  •        Italian pizza
  •        Italian pasta
  •       Bowl of gelato

This afternoon I was also a bit busy.
  •       Pantheon
  •       Piazza Navona
  •       Upscale shopping district in northern Rome
  •       Italian wine
  •       Tea & a cannoli

Although I have seen plenty of incredible attractions and monuments these past two days, I can easily tell you my favorite memory thus far.  I woke up before anyone else in the hostel this morning and was out the door and on the metro by seven o’clock.  My plan was to head to Vatican City and I was hoping to arrive before every other tourist in Rome.  You enter Vatican City through St. Peter's Square.  St. Peter’s Basilica sits at the back side of the square and is one of the largest churches in the world.  After spending a few hours in the Basilica today, I can honestly say that the church was one of the most awe-inspiring and moving places I have ever visited.  Walking into the Basilica took my breath away and I honestly had to fight back tears the entire time I was there.  Lindsay recommended a trip to the top of the church’s dome and the 320 steps were definitely worth the view!   

1 comment: