Don't put off living to next week, next month, next year or next decade. The only time you’re ever living is in this moment.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Malmo, Sweden


The Oresund Bridge connects Copenhagen, Denmark to Malmo, Sweden so I hopped on the train this morning in Copenhagen, rode across the bridge and landed in the center of Malmo in less than 30 minutes.  I asked a woman for directions after getting off the train and instead of pointing me to the right street, she rode her bike with me to exactly where I was going!  She also provided me with a list of things to do and places to eat while in town.  Started my weekend getaway with a workout at Crossfit Malmo.  The guy I met on the street walking into the building, my partner during the Team WOD and the coach were beyond incredible!  I have already told Crossfit Malmo that they are going to have to help me find someone that will rent a room, a couch or a tiny spot on the floor to me on the weekends because I will definitely be going back for more!  After my workout, I got on my bike and rode around to all the tourist attractions in Malmo.  I visited Stortorget (City Square), Lilla Torg (restaurants and shopping), Malmo City Hall, St Peter’s Church, Malmohus Castle, the Turning Torso (tallest building in Scandinavia) and Kungsparken (park).  Pictures below.      
Crossfit Malmo (Coach Phillip 3rd from left)
 Turning Torso
Kunsparken
 Malmohus Castle 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jamie, I tried to post a comment yeaterday at school before Laura & I left for the day. It was our Teddy Bear picnic day( the temp was so warm for Jan! makes me worry about summer, but I digress) any way, I couldn't get it to post. So I came home & finally figured it out. My neice is in Italy for a semester & also has a blog spot, so now I can write to both of you. So proud of you & soooo glad you are taking this opportunity to travel. You will never be sorry you did it!! Sounds like you are having such a great time. I will look forward to your posts. Will let you know as the summer approaches, if we might be in your neighborhood :)XOXO Kerry

    ReplyDelete