Don't put off living to next week, next month, next year or next decade. The only time you’re ever living is in this moment.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Health Care in Denmark

It is 3am right now and I am finally home!  I will try to make this short & sweet.  Denmark provides "free" health care to all residents, funded through taxes.  Good thing, because I have already taken advantage of the system during a trip to the emergency room just now!  The picture below shows what happens after a little biking accident in the middle of the night.  We were laughing at this picture for hours because it looks awful but I'm really not as bad as the picture makes it seem!  
I had spent the evening with my friend Angie and her host family Bodil and Hans.  Unfortunately I hit a patch of ice on a dark rode during my ride home and fell pretty hard.  A taxi driver was kind enough to get out of his car and help me up out of the street but I was definitely in excruciating pain.  Bodil and Hans arrived just shortly after I called them because they thought I should get to the hospital right away.  The other great picture from the night is below.  
Hans figured we would be at the ER for a while so he was thoughtful enough to pack some warm tea and cake before he came to pick me up!  They x-rayed just about every bone in my body and things looked good.  I am black and blue all over, can't move my left arm or stand on my left leg, but nothing was fractured!  Now I am crossing my fingers I can walk by Monday because I have a vacation to go on! 

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are okay, take care of yourself. Don't be trying to go to crossfit...I only say that because I know you will probably try to.

    ReplyDelete