Don't put off living to next week, next month, next year or next decade. The only time you’re ever living is in this moment.

Friday, May 25, 2012

European Crossfit Games


The European Crossfit Games are taking place in Copenhagen this weekend.  I’ve mentioned it before, but the goal of the European Games is to find the top three male, top three female and top three teams in Europe to send to the World Championships held in California next month.  Today was the first day of competition and it was so inspirational to see such strong athletes in the arena.  I currently train at Crossfit Butcher’s Lab & Crossfit Butcher’s Garage.  Out of all teams in Europe, Butchers Lab entered the competition this weekend in sixth place and Butcher’s Garage entered in seventh place.  I am crossing my fingers that the events go well and one of the Butcher’s team takes top three and qualifies for World’s in California.  It would be so exciting to get to go visit Danish friends in the States just a few weeks after I arrive back home!  

The group I was sitting with today kept asking me if I was really from the States because I knew almost everyone that walked by us.  I have done so much traveling this year and have visited eleven crossfit locations throughout Europe.  Getting to see all the athletes I have met during my travels at this weekend’s event is so exciting.  Every time I turned around, someone is screaming my name! 
 Setting up equipment the day before competition begins  
 Athlete warm up area
 Men's individual event #1
 Men's individual event #1
Team event 

On a different note, I will be flying into SFO exactly one month from today.  My flight is out of Hamburg so I just booked my train ticket to Germany the day before my flight.  Back to reality....ahhh!     

No comments:

Post a Comment