Don't put off living to next week, next month, next year or next decade. The only time you’re ever living is in this moment.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Daily Alarm Clock

I still remember the first time I walked into my room here in Copenhagen.  Before unpacking a thing, I quickly plugged in my Macbook, called my mom and desperately tried to fight back tears.  At first glance, I thought I was going to be living in the slums for six months!  I now look past the graffiti and actually look forward to seeing what new "artwork" will appear outside my window.  The city has been busy building a park in the empty lot next to my building so future students will have a much nicer first impression when moving in to Keops Kollegium.  It's great to see the transformation but the daily wake up call is starting to kill me.  Workers start their day at 7:00am which means I am up bright an early each morning.  It hasn't been too much of a problem this week since I need to get up and study but once school is over I am not going to be a fan of the construction.  When I video chat with my mom, she always tells me how scary the view looks so hopefully she will be excited to see the change!

No comments:

Post a Comment