Don't put off living to next week, next month, next year or next decade. The only time you’re ever living is in this moment.

Monday, June 18, 2012

Last Day with Mom

Today was my mom's last day in Denmark and, of course, it rained!  We took the bus to Freetown Christiania which is a self-proclaimed autonomous neighborhood within Copenhagen.  I didn't know what my mom would think of the famous hippie community but she absolutely loved it.  You aren't supposed to take pictures inside of Christiania (people in Christiania smoke things that aren't exactly legal) but we secretly snapped a few shots!  
As my mom sits on the floor packing her suitcase, I am writing a list of things to do during my final week in the city.  My closet is completely empty, my bike now belongs to a New Yorker studying in Copenhagen and tomorrow I have to "deregister" my Danish residency/ address.  Can't believe this experience is coming to an end! 

No comments:

Post a Comment