Don't put off living to next week, next month, next year or next decade. The only time you’re ever living is in this moment.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

24 Hours in Stockholm, Sweden

I took an hour flight to Stockholm Friday morning and, just my luck, the forecast was predicting snow.  Started off with a workout at Crossfit Solid because a vacation wouldn't be complete without some exercise!  Really welcoming group of athletes and can't wait to see them all when they come down to Copenhagen next month!
I then took a hop on-hop off bus tour of town instead of walking around on my own because I wasn't feeling that great and saw the Royal Palace, Stockholm Cathedral and City Hall.  Stockholm is composed of 14 islands so there was water everywhere you looked.  Absolutely beautiful city!
I stayed at City Backpackers Hostel and must admit I was impressed.  Unfortunately, they make you take off your shoes when entering the building and I managed to slip and fall down a flight of stairs in my socks.  I started off the day not feeling well and now I am much worse!  Spent the afternoon in bed not wanting, or able, to move but finally got up for dinner with a crossfitter I had met earlier.  It was really nice to have some company in the evening!  My morning flight was delayed two hours because of the snow storm but I am finally back in Copenhagen for a few days...

No comments:

Post a Comment