Don't put off living to next week, next month, next year or next decade. The only time you’re ever living is in this moment.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Back to School

Just finished my first week of law school in Copenhagen and I absolutely love it!  I am taking three classes while I am here—Public International Law, International Children’s Rights and International Sports Law.  All three are such interesting topics that I actually don’t mind long reading assignments or going to lecture.  And since I only have class on Tuesday and Thursday, I will be able to enjoy many long weekends this semester!  There are a few differences I have noticed this week.  First, the lack of wifi in the city center has amazed me!  What am I supposed to do in class for three hours??  You can only listen to the professor for so long until you need to do a quick check of your email or maybe a little online shopping.  I am going to be one smart kid after this semester because there is absolutely no internet in any of the law buildings and I was even unsuccessful in finding a café to get connected at during my two hour lunch break.  Second, all three of my classes require oral exams.  Can’t think that far ahead right now but hearing that makes me a little nervous.  In the states, law students have three or four hours to organize our thoughts and write up an essay response but here in Denmark the entire semester comes down to a fifteen minute verbal explanation of a random topic we pick out of a hat the moment before our exam.  I like having time to think about an answer instead of needing to give a logical reply on the spot so we will see how they go!
International Sports Law classroom
Went back to Crossfit Malmo this week in Sweden to take a class instructed by Coach Jess.  I learned he served ten years as a soldier in the Royal Guards and later had the position of Platoon Commander and Physical Director of training for the Royal Guards Professional battalion.  It was his responsibility to plan and oversea the training of 500 soldiers, with the goal of getting them physically prepared for deployment.  Let’s just say I could barely walk after his workout yesterday and feel even worse today!  
My new crossfit tank...and it's an Under Armour shirt! 
Stopped by a grocery store in Sweden before heading back to Denmark and laughed at the “USA” aisle stocked with Jello, Betty Crocker and Mac n’ Cheese!  

1 comment:

  1. don't forget the syrup and the hersey's chocolate. that's hilarious!!!!!!! and gross!

    ReplyDelete