Don't put off living to next week, next month, next year or next decade. The only time you’re ever living is in this moment.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

America the Beautiful

This was my weekend to teach Guilia a little bit about America so we started off the afternoon by cooking hamburgers and fries for lunch.  I was a little nervous since we were cooking the burgers in a frying pan on the stove instead of out on a grill but they turned out just fine!  Although lunch was good, the best part of the day was definitely the dessert.  My mom helped me think of some ideas and I ended up deciding to make smores!   You can find chocolate anywhere here in Copenhagen but it took all week to find a bag of marshmallows and some graham crackers!  This was Guilia’s first time eating a marshmallow and I am pretty sure she immediately fell in love because every time I looked over she was sneaking another one out of the bag!  As we roasted marshmallows on the stove, I tried to explain that this would normally take place outdoors by an evening campfire.  Being used to eating everything with a fork and knife, I think Guilia was a little nervous about the idea of picking up a sticky smore with her hands but she ended up being “fascinated” with the dessert!  I turned around to check on her while I was cleaning up the kitchen and she was already busy making seconds!  All her friends in Italy have now heard of and seen pictures of this crazy American dessert!  Such a success! 

1 comment:

  1. You know what I think about marshmallow!!! Simply...The meaning of life is all inside a warm marshmallow!!! Those stuff are so...great!!!! *_*
    I'm in love...really in love!! And smores....WOW!!! I'm....you know...I'm without words thinking about smores...so you can figure out what happens in me when I eat those!!!
    Just in love...

    Thank you!! Now, because of you, I now that before my life was boring!!! :D

    ReplyDelete