Don't put off living to next week, next month, next year or next decade. The only time you’re ever living is in this moment.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Josh Wood in Holland


One quick thing about the USA-- I met a Dutch girl in Amsterdam and she said she fell in love with America after watching a few of our tv shows (Jersey Shore, Real Housewives, etc.).  Let's just say I have never been so embarrassed for America.....

Had the best time seeing Josh Wood in Europe AGAIN, this time in Holland!  I took a Saturday afternoon train from Amsterdam into Heerenveen, the birthplace of speed skating.  After a long hike to Thialf, the ice skating rink, I got to spend some time watching the US skaters practice both on and off the ice.  We then headed back to the hotel for an athlete’s buffet dinner complete with white tablecloths and candlelight!  My favorite part of the night was renting a bike to take into the city center.  Josh did all the work (he peddled) and I just sat on the back enjoying a nighttime tour of the town!  Nice to see the “skater bar” complete with old ice skates hanging from every part of the ceiling!  
Josh on the ice...every picture I have is just a blur!
"Skater Bar"

No comments:

Post a Comment