Don't put off living to next week, next month, next year or next decade. The only time you’re ever living is in this moment.

Friday, March 2, 2012

Discovering Denmark

I start looking up flights out of Denmark every time I think about taking a vacation so I thought I would mix it up this weekend and spend some time exploring my new "home."  Today my bike and I took a quick train ride to Klampenborg, which is a wealthy suburb just outside of Copenhagen.  I brought a map with me and had my whole day planned out but ended up choosing to just ride aimlessly through Deer Park Forest this afternoon.  During my ride I came across an old castle in the middle of nowhere that Bodil had told me about, which was built back in the early 1700's for the King to use after hunting in the area.  And I know the forest is called "Deer Park" but I was still surprised at how many deer I actually saw on my trip.  They were everywhere you looked!  Then instead of catching the train home I followed a path down by the sea back into the city center.  I definitely have to meet someone that lives in one of the waterfront homes, they look absolutely incredible!  It was so nice to see the sun out for a change, even though it still was a bit cold.  I loved seeing kids playing at the beach with their little snow suits on!  It still amazes me that one minute I can be in the middle of a city and the next I am surrounded by nature without anyone in sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment