Don't put off living to next week, next month, next year or next decade. The only time you’re ever living is in this moment.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Berlin, Germany Part II


For some reason, I thought it would be a good idea to take a midnight bus back to Copenhagen but I am currently regretting that decision.  I got lucky enough to have a row to myself so I was able to lie across a few seats to get a little sleep but it’s definitely not the most comfortable nights sleep.  I then forgot that there is an hour ferry ride involved in which we have to un-board the bus for the trip.  It’s now 4:15am and I am just getting back on the bus for the last two hours home.  So special spending time with Josh Wood this weekend!  I met up with him at his hotel Saturday night and we headed to an Italian restaurant (Marco Polo) a few blocks away to catch up.  Loved hearing about his life, his family and his friends!  He was also pretty brave and tried the very popular but absolutely disgusting dessert eaten in Denmark, salted black licorice.  
He walked me back to my hostel and couldn’t get over the neon lights, bunk beds and tiny bathrooms so he took a few pictures to share with friends.  
We met up again Sunday so I could watch a few speed skating races.  It was incredible to be sitting in the front row watching the best athletes in the world race for the weekend.  
Met a few of Josh’s coaches and teammates and they were all pretty great!  Also heard a few riddles of his teammates.  A man is completely enclosed in a room, no doors, no windows, no way out.  All he has is a stick.  How does he get out?  Hmmmmm…….  ANSWER: He breaks the stick in half, puts the two pieces back together to create a whole (“hole”) and crawls out!  Or what is the only thing that when you take away a whole you are still left with some?  Any ideas….. ANSWER: the word “wholesome.”  Good weekend but hanging out with Josh actually made me a little homesick.  No plans for Monday so hopefully I can sleep for a few hours when I get home and feel better when I wake up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment