Don't put off living to next week, next month, next year or next decade. The only time you’re ever living is in this moment.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Sittensen, Germany

So fortunate to be able to spend some time with "family" in Germany before heading up to Denmark for the semester.  The twins (Tom & Julie) grandparents picked me up at the airport in Hamburg and brought me back to their home in the small town of Sittensen, population 5,000.  First, let me say, that I am thankful to be alive after the drive home from the airport!  I was holding on to my seat during the entire trip!  If you can read the speedometer in the picture below, it says 190km per hour, that's 118 mph!  What grandpa do you know drives 118 mph?  Needless to say, there is no speed limit on the autobahn! 

Their home is absolutely beautiful, it will definitely be tough to leave here next week!  I have an upstairs studio to stay in which consists of two bedrooms, a bathroom, kitchen and a balcony with incredible views.  Definitely feeling spoiled!  


1 comment:

  1. Let the journey begin! Looking forward to hearing more...

    Stephen

    ReplyDelete